Milne Edwards and Haime, 1848, p. 493
Meandrina cerebriformis Lamarck, 1816, p. 246; Original Designation Milne Edwards and Haime, 1848
Type Specimen: Holotype; MNHN scle102; Verified; Dry Preserved
Type Locality: Habites les mers d’Amérique (Recent)
Meandrina cerebriformis was later synonymized with Madrepora labyrinthiformis Linnaeus (1758), see Matthai (1928).
Cretaceous- Northern Europe (Sweden) Source: Paleobiology database (5/26/12), Veron (2000). Historical distribution: Upper Cretaceous-Recent., Europe-North America-West Indies (Wells, 1956). Distribution contributed by Matthew Tibbits.
- North Africa; Paleocene
- Western Europe; Eocene
- Southern Europe; Oligocene
- Subsaharan Africa; Oligocene
- Central America; Oligocene
- Caribbean; Oligocene
- Caribbean; Miocene - Pliocene
- Central America; Miocene
- Caribbean; Miocene
- South America; Miocene
- North America, Central America, Caribbean; Pliocene - Pleistocene
- North America; Pliocene
- Central America; Pliocene
- Caribbean; Pliocene
- North America; Pleistocene
- Central America; Pleistocene
- Caribbean; Pleistocene
- South America; Pleistocene
- Western Atlantic; Recent
- North America; Holocene
- Central America; Holocene
- Caribbean; Holocene
This page has been in preparation since 03-Oct-2009 23:10
This version was contributed by Ann Budd on 12-Jun-2012 16:59.
Page authors are: Ann Budd. Please contact the editor if you would like to contribute to the diagnosis of this taxon.
The editor is: Ann Budd