Ortmann, 1890, p. 315
Solitary and colonial; mostly intracalicular budding; meandroid (incl circumoral budding), plocoid, cerioid, or phaceloid; septothecal, paraseptothecal, or parathecal; septa laminar, sometimes fenestrate, formed by one or more fan systems of trabeculae (simple and compound); septal teeth spinose or paddle-shaped, having well-developed secondary calcification axes and limited thickening deposits; spinose (pointed) granulation, often arranged in vertical rows; variable microstructure; sometimes forming paliform lobes; trabecular columella, often spongy; well-developed tabular or vesicular endotheca; peritheca costate or absent.
- Astrogyra Felix, 1900, p. 2
- Cycloria Reuss, 1854, p. 110-111
- Faviinae Gregory, 1900, p. 29
- Liptodendron Eliasova, 1991, p. 51
- Mussinae Ortmann, 1890, p. 315
- Taxogyra Wells, 1937 (pro Heterophyllia d'Orbigny, 1850 non McCoy, 1849)
This page has been in preparation since 02-Oct-2009 17:15
This version was contributed by Ann Budd on 06-Oct-2009 23:15.
Page authors are: Ann Budd Danwei Huang. Please contact the editor if you would like to contribute to the diagnosis of this taxon.
The editor is: Ann Budd