Milne Edwards and Haime, 1848, p. 61
Lithodendron exiguum Michelin, 1847: 305; Subsequent Designation Milne Edwards and Haime, 1851: 61.
Type Specimen: Lectotype; ; Verified; Unknown
Type Locality: Santonian of France.
The lectotype of the type species is housed at MNHN (Paris) under A29767.
- Bacillastraea Quenstedt, 1881, vol. 2, p. 851
- Cyclocoenia d'Orbigny, 1849, p. 6
- Hexasmilia Fromentel, 1870, p. 423
- Miyakosmilia Eguchi, 1936, p. 70
- Pachycaenia Alloiteau, 1952, p. 609
- Trinacis Quenstedt, 1880, p. 904
Colonial massive, foliaceous, or ramose, plocoid. Gemmation extracalicinal and marginal. Corallites circular to elongate, united by extensive vesicular to dense coenosteum. Septa compact, trimerally arranged. One main septum, with remaining septa sometimes reduced to rudimentary spines. Columella absent. Endothecal dissepiments thin, vesicular to subtabulate. Wall thick, septothecal-pachythecal.
- Southern Europe; Late Jurassic - Late Cretaceous
- Central Europe, Eastern Europe, Central Asia, North America; Early Cretaceous - Late Cretaceous
This page has been in preparation since 02-Jun-2007 12:36
This version was contributed by Rosemarie Baron-Szabo on 14-Sep-2010 18:47.
Page authors are: Rosemarie Baron-Szabo. Please contact the editor if you would like to contribute to the diagnosis of this taxon.
The editor is: Rosemarie Baron-Szabo