Milne Edwards and Haime, 1848, p. 274
Dendrophyllia brevicaulis Michelin, 1841: 17; Subsequent Designation Milne Edwards and Haime, 1848: 274
Type Specimen: Syntype; ; Verified; Dry Preserved
Type Locality: Upper Turonian of France (Uchaux, Vaucluse).
The type material of the type species is housed at MNHN (Paris) under Mo1126-1127.
- Cerionefocoenia Reig Oriol, 1995, p. 24
- Dichocaeniopsis Alloiteau, 1957, p. 265
- Pachynefocoenia Reig Oriol, 1989, p. 8
- Placogyropsis Alloiteau, 1957, p. 268
- Stenosmilia de Fromentel, 1870, p. 383
Colonial, massive or subfasciculate (no lateral connection between some of the corallites), plocoid or subplocoid to subcerioid. Gemmation intracalicinal and extracalicinal, resulting in permanent monocentric to tricentric conditions. Costosepta compact, nonconfluent, dentate and granulated laterally. Columella lamellar or rudimentary. Endothecal dissepiments vesicular to cellular. Exothecal dissepiments large, vesicular. Wall septothecal or septoparathecal.
- Southern Europe, Central Europe, Eastern Europe; Early Cretaceous - Late Cretaceous
- Caribbean; Late Cretaceous - Eocene
This page has been in preparation since 02-Jun-2007 12:35
This version was contributed by Rosemarie Baron-Szabo on 14-Sep-2010 18:13.
Page authors are: Rosemarie Baron-Szabo. Please contact the editor if you would like to contribute to the diagnosis of this taxon.
The editor is: Rosemarie Baron-Szabo