Colonial; colony formation by intra- and extratentacular budding. Corallites walls septothecal, often thickened by stereome. Endotheca tabular when present, rarely vesicular. Septa (so far as is known) composed of a single fan system of simple trabeculae, with smooth upper margins and smooth or finely granulated lateral surfaces. Columella styliform, lamellar or absent.
- Adelocoenia Orbigny, 1849, p. 7
- Alloiteaucoenia Beauvais, 1964
- ?Decacoenia Orbigny, 1849, p. 33
- Enallhelia d'Orbigny, 1849: p. 11
- Goniocora Milne Edwards, 1851
- Heliocoenia Etallon, 1859, p. 74/ 474
- Proaplophyllia Roniewicz, 1976: 46
- Psammohelia Fromentel, 1861, p. 176
- Pseudocoenia Orbigny, 1850, p. 33
- Pseudocoeniopsis Roniewicz, 1976, p. 52
- Stylangia Fromentel, 1857, p. 38
- Stylina Lamarck, 1816
- Stylohelia Fromentel, 1861, p. 180
- Stylosmilia Milne Edwards, 1848, p. 468
- Tubicora Latham, 1929, p. 277
This page has been in preparation since 02-Oct-2009 17:15
This version was contributed by Ken Johnson on 02-Oct-2009 17:15.
Page authors are: Rosemarie Baron-Szabo. Please contact the editor if you would like to contribute to the diagnosis of this taxon.
The editor is: Rosemarie Baron-Szabo