Corallum usually colonial, forming colonies by extratentacular budding from stolon-like expansions from edge zone; azooxanthellate, but primarily shallow-water; septa laminar, composed on one fan system of simple or compound trabeculae resulting in a slightly dentate axial edges; theca septothecal or epithecal; endothecal dissepiments present; synapticular absent; columella present or absent. (=Astrangiidae)
- Arctangia Wells, 1937, p. 13
- Astrangia Milne Edwards and Haime, 1848, p. 496
- Bathangia Keferstein, 1859, p. 375
- Cladangia Milne Edwards and Haime, 1851, p. 119
- Cryptangia Milne Edwards and Haime, 1848x, p. 496
- Culicia Dana, 1846, p. 376
- Oulangia Milne Edwards and Haime, 1848x, p. 497
- Rhizangia Milne Edwards, 1848, p. 496
- Sclerangia Baron-Szabo and Cairns, 2015, p. 2
- Symbiangia Wells, 1972, p. 25
This page has been in preparation since 02-Oct-2009 17:15
This version was contributed by Ken Johnson on 02-Oct-2009 17:15.
Page authors are: Stephen D. Cairns. Please contact the editor if you would like to contribute to the diagnosis of this taxon.
The editor is: Stephen D. Cairns