Vaughan and Wells, 1943
Solitary and colonial. Colony formation by intra- and extratentacular budding. Corallite wall synapticulothecal, poorly defined or absent, costate, usually epithecate, porous. Septa exsert, composed of one fan system of compound trabeculae, with vertical axis of divergence, irregularly porous and thick. Dissepiments thin. Columella absent or parietal or feebly developed.
- Astraraea Felix, 1900, p. 3
- Brachycaulia Beauvais, 1982, vol. 2, p. 227
- Dermosmiliopsis Alloiteau, 1952, p. 671
- Dimorphastraeopsis Alloiteau, 1958, p. 145
- Diplaraea Milaschewitsch, 1876, p. 229
- Haplaraea Milaschewitsch, 1876, p. 228
- Loboseris Beauvais, 1982, vol. 2, p. 261
- Pleurocora Milne Edwards and Haime, 1848, p. 494
- Podoseris Duncan, 1869, p. 25
- Pseudofavia Oppenheim, 1930, p. 65
- Stiboriopsis Vaughan, 1899, p. 237
- Summiktaraea Alloiteau, 1952, p. 658
- Trechmannaria Wells, 1935
- Vallimeandra Alloiteau, 1957, p. 289
This page has been in preparation since 02-Oct-2009 17:15
This version was contributed by Ken Johnson on 02-Oct-2009 17:15.
Page authors are: Rosemarie Baron-Szabo. Please contact the editor if you would like to contribute to the diagnosis of this taxon.
The editor is: Rosemarie Baron-Szabo