Colonial. Gemmation predominantly extracalicinal, occasionally intracalicinal. Corallites united by their septothecal wall or separated by a rudimentary peritheca. Wall generally compact or with a small number of lacunes (pores). Septa compact, beaded marginally, composed of a series of simple trabeculae, varying in diameter (up to 150 microns). Columella styliform, pali present or not. Endotheca sparsely developed, vesicular.
- Actinastrea Orbigny, 1849, p. 10
- Allocoenia Etallon, 1859 : 477
- Allocoeniopsis Alloiteau, 1958, p. 11
- Chondrocoenia Roniewicz, 1989:103
- Koilocoenia Duncan, 1884:115
- Paretallonia Sikharulidze, 1972
- Stelidioseris Tomes, 1893, p. 576
- Stephanastrea Etallon, 1864, p. 401
- ?Tricassastraea Alloiteau, 1966, in Alloiteau and Dercourt, p. 321
This page has been in preparation since 02-Oct-2009 17:15
This version was contributed by Ken Johnson on 02-Oct-2009 17:15.
Page authors are: Rosemarie Baron-Szabo. Please contact the editor if you would like to contribute to the diagnosis of this taxon.
The editor is: Rosemarie Baron-Szabo