Felix, 1900, p. 3
Thamnastrea multiradiata Reuss, 1854: 118; Subsequent Designation Felix, 1900: 3
Type Specimen: Syntype; ; Verified; Dry Preserved
Type Locality: Turonian-Campanian of Austria (Gosau Group).
The syntypes of the type species are housed at NHMW under 1564-XI-1375.
Colonial, thamnasterioid. Gemmation intratentacular mono- to tristomodaeal. Corallites permanently monocentric. Radial elements biseptal with perforations arranged in vertical rows. Distal margin with rounded and subequal denticles. Lateral septal faces ornamented with rounded granulae. Costae reduced or absent. Synapticulae numerous. Columella parietal-papillose. Endothecal dissepiments thin. No wall.
- Central Europe; Middle Jurassic - Late Jurassic
- Western Europe; Middle Jurassic
- South America; Middle Jurassic
- North Africa, East Asia; Early Cretaceous - Late Cretaceous
- Southern Europe; Late Cretaceous
- Central Europe; Late Cretaceous
- Eastern Europe; Late Cretaceous
- South Asia; Late Cretaceous
- Caribbean; Late Cretaceous
This page has been in preparation since 02-Jun-2007 12:35
This version was contributed by Rosemarie Baron-Szabo on 05-May-2017 15:15.
Page authors are: Rosemarie Baron-Szabo. Please contact the editor if you would like to contribute to the diagnosis of this taxon.
The editor is: Rosemarie Baron-Szabo